Thursday, March 15, 2012

almost St. Patty's Day!



I was going to wait until the actual day to post this...but just in case some of you needed a little St. Patty's Day inspiration, I thought I'd post it now! I used last week's Deconstructing Sketch 
(again).  I loved it.... AND I see the new sketch was posted yesterday. 

I also spied a Little bit O'Green Challenge from over on the Simon Says Challenge Blog. Cool stuff!

I gathered up a bunch of MFT goodies to make this cute, 3-D card. I used the hearts from HOMESPUN BIRDHOUSE and Notched Tag to create the sweet little shamrocks. 

Here's a closer look.   The sentiment is from one of the darling  à la mode stamps, Wishing You Luck.  I also added a quick little border with the POSTAGE STAMP BORDER DIE-NAMICS and a bit of Kraft Grosgrain

 Here is how I created these felt beauties....easy peasey, cuz that's how I like it! 


 1. cut out 3 hearts (repeat these same steps with the smaller heart die).




 2. Line up the hearts, with their points facing in, towards each other.


 3. Using a needle, thread some twine through each heart. 




 4.  After stitching through each heart, string them together. 




 5. Holding onto  the twine, Pull the hearts together, giving them a "cupped" look in the center. 



 6. Turn the shamrock over, and tie off the twine into a knot. Trim the ends. 




 7. Cut a stem (I did mine free-hand) from the scraps of felt. Add scor-tape to the back side and attach the stem. 


8. You might have to play around with the hearts to get them to lay, just right.  Then add a button to the center to give it a polished, and pretty  look. 




I also did up the inside to match....Plus I wanted to show off the cute ALM.  I added another sentiment and a PHOTO CORNER DIE-NAMICS

Thanks for stopping by today! See you back here tomorrow. 

Pin It






Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your kind and supportive words. I appreciate each of you taking the time to leave some love. Have a great day!